Kay is the word. Write is what I do.

Beware.







Friday, June 26, 2009

Guilty about MJay?

Okay, so I'd like to welcome everybody to my blog: Kay is the Word. I hope that people will find this website to be insightful, useful, and entertaining. I have chosen my first topic to be about the recent uproar that has swept the entire world and blown up the world wide web. I,of course, am talking about the death of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson(Or as I shall call him, M Jay).
We've seen footage after footage of M Jay fans crying or close ups of their devastated faces. I'm sure most of you have seen countless Facebook status's expressing shock and grief over his untimely death. My question is: why in the heck is everybody so upset? I've been thinking long hard, because I too felt quite upset yesterday, and I think I have found the answer. It's guilt.
How many times have we cracked Michael Jackson jokes? My personal favorite is the one about a kid asking his dad questions about God. ANYWAYS, how many times have we ridiculed him? There is not a single aspect of M Jay that hasn't been scrutinized whether it's about his nose that keeps on falling off or his close attachments to children. We've called him a molester, a crack addict, and a general psycho; and now that we've realized that this distant entity that we call Michael Jackson is dead, we realize that he was actually a fragile human being and that maybe, just maybe, we were a little too harsh on him.
Maybe all this grief and shock that everyone is feeling is just guilt in disguise. Just like how when middle schoolers bully the underling mercilessly until the poor kid cracks do people realize ,belatedly, that they have went too far.


No comments:

Post a Comment