Kay is the word. Write is what I do.

Beware.







Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lady who has no logic.


So this story took place in early January. In case you don’t remember, Hamas and the Israeli government where having a slight tiff, and of course when these two have an argument usually hundreds of innocent civilians die in the process. The M.S.A at my college was quite concerned over the death toll so they had an interesting idea on how to raise awareness to the Palestinian’s plight. They basically had a table laden with all sorts of cakes and brownies, and people could help themselves to anything as long as they asked a question pertaining to the situation back in the mid-east. ANYWAYS, I was sitting at the table with the rest of the M.S.A members when this middle aged woman with a cane cam limping to us.

This lady kept on going on and on about Hamas this and Hamas that and Israel is a humane country blah blah blah. We listened to the lady and told her that the politics of the situation didn’t interest us, but rather the deplorable state of the Palestinian civilians is what’s raising our concern. Get this; the lady actually said “Well Israel is being very nice to the Palestinians. They leave voicemail messages to the Palestinians anytime they’re about to start an air raid.” I believe that at that moment I looked like a fish that has just been thrown out of the sea. I was so flabbergasted that my mouth was wide open and I kept on making noises like “ungh, unga, mmmm”. I had no idea how to answer back to this dim-witted woman. Luckily, my friend Hadia answered back “ Ma’am, You’re talking about a country that currently doesn’t have electricity, they’re sewage system is busted. I have a slight hunch that the Palestinians DON’T get voicemail messages.”

To this day, Hadia and I, make references to this crazy lady. Our favorite one is yelling to each other as we’re leaving a room “Now don’t leave me any voicemail messages!” Voicemail messages. Voicemail. I’m still laughing hysterically to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment