Kay is the word. Write is what I do.

Beware.







Saturday, June 27, 2009

Second poem.

Now, I wrote this poem a year ago so excuse its roughness.


A woman’s chin trembling,

Her face etched with fear.

Her voice calls out, cracking:

“Where’s my husband? I wish he were near.”

A girl calls out in anger:

“My brother died of kidney failure;

there was no electricity for his gear.

No one will help me, of that I am sure.”

Long has this land suffered.

It’s furrowed over with strife.

A land left unbuffered,

It’s people forced into a hidden life.

This land reeks of injustice,

Permeating its deadly fumes.

But we continue to live in bliss;

Locked in a political tomb.

They cry out desperately.

But to no avail,

We answer to their oppressors.


Let's see if anyone can figure out what this poem's talking about.lol.

2 comments: