Kay is the word. Write is what I do.

Beware.







Saturday, August 22, 2009

Missing my trasfat-loaded butter.


One of my besties has moved far away from me, a crime I'm not sure I will ever forgive. To show Hadia my....appreciation, I have written this poem to honor her memory.

I wrote this poem for a very dear friend
In case you don't know who it is, it's Hadia.

She's the yin to my yang
The butter on my toast.

But as everyone knows,
She won't be here anymore.

No more will I hear her biting sarcastic comments
Or see her arching eyebrows.

No more will I hear her exasperated sigh of
"Alaa. Be serious."

She's gone. Gone. GONE.

Gone to be the butter
Of someone ELSE's toast

But no worries Hadia.
You may be leaving today, but tomorrow
You'll find me in your room. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment