Kay is the word. Write is what I do.

Beware.







Monday, February 8, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaaack!

HELOOOOOOO!

I am so excited to start up this blog again. It's been what, nearly four months since I last updated? Shame on me. Well my dear five followers , in case you don't know, my life has gone through many dramatic changes; I suddenly find myself going to Florida Sate University, sharing an apartment with three great roommates,and I am engaged. Just kidding about the last announcement by the way, I just wanted to be able to say a third thing ;). I feel like this move will give me so much material for my blog because I've only been living in Tally for about a month and so many crazy things have happened whether it's being terrorized by the neighbor's itty bitty little dog or having the referees making fun of the soccer team I play on. The jerk'ish refree said and I quote "This is the funniest game I have ever seen." Nice man, right?
Even though I'm so excited to be at FSU and feel as if the remnants of the chains that have been holding me down in PC have been broken, I can already tell that it won't be easy dealing with the University atmosphere for two more years. It's not so much the partying and shallowness of a large group(most) of undergraduates, but also the professors who have absolutely no respect or regard for the institution of religion, mainly Christianity. I feel bad for all potential Christians who might be in my 4 out of 5 classes. It's not as if I haven't had experience with atheists or agnostics, I have. In fact, I have a "chum" back in PC who's an agnostic herself. Difference is that these were respectful agnostics. The people(including professors) at University have no qualms whatsoever about saying things like "Religion is the most constraining force ever" or making snotty comments about "the magical guy upstairs, if he exists." Sometimes I feel like yelling out "Jesus! You seem to have a double standard going on here, huh. You talk about the fact that religion expects everyone to follow in his/her path and yet you're here expecting everyone to agree with what you're saying and belittling people who don't. Get OVER yourself." And again, I feel so bad for Christians on campus. I have no idea what they have personally done to the professors I'm taking this semester, but my professors seem to have some major beef with Christianity/ Christians.

Anyways, I best be going. It's nearly 3 in the morning an I must get some "beauty" sleep. Fat lot of good that'll do me. Byeeeeee, and see you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment